Sep 15, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Dip & First Oktoberfest of the Year






For the Patriots game (and victorious win) yesterday I made a buffalo chicken dip for my company to enjoy. It is a really easy appetizer for game days because it only takes about 20 minutes prep time and then you bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

For ingredients you'll need to pick up the following at your local grocery store: 

  • 3-4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded (I used a whole already cooked rotisserie chicken instead) 
  • 8 ounces Bleu Cheese Dressing 
  • 2-8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened 
  • 8 ounces Hot Sauce, or Wing Sauce 
  • 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (save some to sprinkle on top) 
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 


Instructions 
1. Cook and shred chicken OR cut up your rotisserie chicken into small pieces 
2. Mix bleu cheese, cream cheese, hot sauce and cheddar cheese until well blended. 
3. Add chicken and mix by hand. 
4. Place in a 8x8 square pan. 
5. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese on top. 
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

For beer selection there was an array of pumpkin choices, IPAs and Oktoberfests to choose from while watching the Pats play. I went with the Firestone OAKtoberfest as my first Oktoberfest of the season. I was sad to see their Easy Jack IPA go, but I have a high regard for Firestone Walker Brewing Co. products and look forward to the release of new seasonals.   

It pours a clear amber hue with aromas of light grain and caramel malt. The taste has a mild, sweet start with a light to medium bitter, dry finish. The hops balance the malt sweetness with some spicy grassiness and a touch of earthy oak. I found it to be light bodied with average carbonation. I need to try a few more Oktoberfests in order to compare this one, but overall I enjoyed it with my buffalo chicken dip! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment