Sep 5, 2014

Alert, Alert! 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon



If you are a Cabernet Sauvignon drinker, you have hit the lottery with the release of the 2012 California Cabernet's! Industry insiders are even talking about how this vintage will be just as good or even better than 2007. The California 2012 harvest yielded generous amounts of high quality fruit making this vintage ideal. Moderate weather conditions allowed for a textbook growing season, which produced mature grapes with balanced flavors.

To put all of this talk to the test, I sampled a half bottle of Alexander Valley Vineyards 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon. I am a big supporter of this winery and am eager to put it back in my cutomer's hands after passing over a sub-par 2011 vintage. 

 The aromas wafting out of my wine glass immediately clued me into how satisfied I was about to be with my first sip. Aromas of vanilla, cherry, dark fruits, spice and cassis all came to mind. The wine is medium bodied with an all encompassing texture. Unlike the vegetable notes of the 2011, this vintage has a bouquet of blackberry, spice, cherry and tobacco. It finishes smooth and leaves a long, well rounded impression. 

This Alexander Valley Cabernet is without a question going on my must buy and hold onto list. I cannot agree more with all of the California winemakers review on 2012 Cabernet's so I've started a list of more that I need to taste:
  • Freakshow Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
  • Hess Collection Allomi Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 
  • Foxglove Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
  • Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
  • Joel Gott Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
  • Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon 2012....(in my dreams wishlist item. But if you have the cash to spend buy some and hold onto it!!!)

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment