Aug 19, 2014

My Last Rosé Sips of Summer

Domaine Le Pive Gris, Chateay d'Or Les Cimels, Chateau Minuty
I will admit that my brain is starting to think pumpkin beers and delicious 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon as the nights cool down more and the sun sets a little earlier each day. However, I am not ready for summer to be quite yet and so I am celebrating the end of the season with refreshing rosé . 

Pictured above are three of my go-to Rosés that I have been sipping on this spring/summer. My favorite of the bunch is the 2013 Chateau d'Or et de Gueules Costieres de Nimes Les Cimels Rosé. I reviewed this wine when I paired it with my Thai take-out last month. 

When I first tasted Chateau Minuty M de Minuty Rosé 2013 I knew I needed it for my store's Rosé shelf. Château de Minuty is located on the St Tropez Peninsular in the Cotes de Provence appellation. My supplier explained how this Rosé is a classical example of the local style. The blend used to create Minuty utilizes the Tibouren grape, which is grown almost exclusively in Provence. The breakdown is 50% Grenache, 15% Tibouren and 35% Cinsault. 

The color of the Minuty is a pale honeysuckle pink and as I take in its aromas I immediately notice the citrus and white floral notes. On my palate there is a great combination of peach and candied orange, along with the right balance of acidity to give the wine a rounded, dry finish. Before the summer ends I would love to pair Minuty Rosé with some fresh sea scallops.     

My final rosé pick that I bring back year and year is the Domaine Le Pive Gris 2013 from the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France. This rosé is 30% Grenache Gris, 30% Grenache Noir, 30% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc. It has only 12% alcohol and is certified organic in Agriculture Biologique. A pale salmon pink in color with floral aromas of citrus, melon and peach. On the palate, more fruit flavors come out with addition of strawberry and hints of spice. Le Pive Gris is crisp, dry and balanced rosé that can stand up to BBQ foods at Labor Day cookouts!

If you have not tried these wines or any rosé for that matter I urge you to do so with what is left of the summer. They are easy to drink and pair with a vast variety of food categories...and not to mention refreshing on warm days! 

Do you have a favorite rosé? Have a great day!





No comments:

Post a Comment