Aug 21, 2014

Boston Restaurant Week



Last night my boyfriend and I went out on a double date with friends in the North End for Boston Restaurant Week. It was a perfect night to be out in the North End enjoying great company and delicious Italian cuisine. We chose a restaurant on Salem Street called Bacco and ordered off the selected menu designed especially for restaurant week.

To start I ordered the crispy garlic calamari with spicy three peppers and sipped on a glass of Villa Sandi Prosecco. Then I moved onto the main entree, a seafood scampi with scallops, jumob shrimp and lobster meat. All four of us ordered it and we all agreed on how amazing it was! 

To accompany our dinner, we ordered two bottles of wine. Our friends ordered the Donna Laura Ali Sangiovese di Toscana 2012 and my boyfriend and I ordered the Castellare di Castellina Chainti Classico 2012. 

The Castellare di Castellina Chianti Classico peaked my interests on the wine list because it was labeled as organic. This wine is composed primarily of the local Sangiovese grape called Sangioveto. According to the research I did after dinner, studies begun in the late 1970s allowed Castellare to isolate this clone. This enabled the winery to create an unique Tuscan style wine.   

The chianti is a dark ruby color in my glass and it opened with sweet aromas of red cherries, tobacco and spice. With 13.5% alcohol there is enough structure and acidity on the palate to compliment a majority of Italian dishes.

I enjoyed this wine well into my dessert portion of the evening: a moist, delicious piece of tiramisu. Even though it was my time experiencing Boston Restaurant Week, I know it will not be my last after such a great evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment