Dec 10, 2014

Meiomi Pinot Noir


The holidays are here and I must apologize for not staying on the ball with blogging. I have not quite figured out how to juggle blogging and the busy holiday season at work so please bear with me! 

Smooth. Fruit-forward. Delicious. My hands down favorite Pinot Noir under $25 that I love to put in my customers hands is none other than Meiomi. This Pinot from the Wagner Family of Wines delivers intense fruit flavor and a velvety smooth finish. It is a blend of grapes sourced from Santa Barbara, Sonoma and Monterey, which are all regions known for quality Pinot Noir production. 

When I first tried Meiomi it was still under the Belle Glos label, which makes unbelievable Pinot Noir! It's major success has paved the way for its own line with an extension of a new grape: Chardonnay. Everything that the Wagner Family creates always makes the top of my wine wish lists (i.e. Caymus Mer Soleil, Conundrum and Belle Glos). 

The new 2013 vintage continues to deliver a fruit-forward style made for easy drinking. I slightly prefer the 2012 vintage as the new vintage is quite ripe. With that being said I suggest you decant this wine and let the air open it up. It can be enjoyed without food or with a wide array of food. Meiomi pours a rich garnet color and delivers wonderful cherry, ripe berries and vanilla notes. These aromas carry though on the palate and compliment the rich, smooth texture. Its fresh fruit flavors and sweet oak on the finish allow for this wine to age further, yet is mature enough to open for dinner tonight! 

If you do not believe me how great this wine is, then you can trust the experts. Meiomi was awarded the prestigious 2014 Market Watch Wine Leaders Choice Award for “Wine Brand of the Year.” Have you tried Meiomi Pinot Noir yet? Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment