Dec 19, 2014

DOWNEAST Winter Blend Cider


I must preface this post by saying I have never been a big fan of hard cider...until... I tried Downeast Winter Blend Cider. It had everything I wanted and more in a 4 pack: fresh-pressed apples, natural ingredients and cinnamon spices! Not to mention it is made in Boston and I always enjoy a local product. 

Downeast cider sets itself apart from other cider houses by pressing fresh local apples and by using ale yeast instead of white wine or champagne yeast. The result is a refreshing taste and great unfiltered color. 

As I mentioned before I almost never drink hard ciders, but my craft salesman assured me that this winter blend was worth a try. This seasonal apple cider is fermented with ale yeast then aged on toasted oak chips, cinnamon bark and nutmeg. The all spice flavoring is what I truly enjoyed smelling and sipping on with the turkey I made for dinner. A 6.5% alcohol ABV gave this gluten free beverage an extra kick perfect for chilly nights. 

Have you tried Downeast cider yet? Have a great weekend!    

No comments:

Post a Comment