Apr 8, 2015

Wine Gadgets


If you are vino fan then stocking up on wine gadgets for your house or apartment becomes great for entertaining. Today I thought I would share with you two of my favorite wine toys: Brookstone's Iceless Wine Chiller and an electric wine opener from Food Network. 
  
One of my all time favorite wines recently came in stock at my store, Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc, so I was beyond thrilled to bring it home and stick it in my wine chiller. Cakebread has become more of a restaurant wine in Massachusetts, so if you can find it in your local store do not pass it up! 

 There are 40 different wines in the chiller's database to choose from located within the menu button. You simply select your wine (i.e. Sauvignon Blanc) and the chiller will bring your bottle to the optimal temperature recommended for that varietal. It will even warm reds up to their ideal temp in order to bring out its best possible bouquet and palette. 

The screen displays a count-down timer (left number) to let you know when your wine is ready, as well as the temperature your wine currently is (the number furthest to the right), the ideal temperature (center number). There is also a quick chill feature, which will speed up the chilling process. I am almost always use this feature otherwise my wine will not be ready till after I eat dinner.

 My other favorite gadget is my electric wine opener! I know opening a bottle of wine the conventional way is not a difficult task, but having this wine opener just makes life easier. I received this Food Network one for Christmas a few years ago and it has opened countless bottles since.


It pulls out synthetic and natural corks with the touch of one button. You continuously press on the button, pictured above, until the cork is removed from the bottle and released from the opener. Plus it leaves the cork completely intact, which is perfect for wine cork wreaths or similar cork projects.  

What wine gadgets are part of your kitchen/bar area? P.S. The Brookstone Iceless Wine Chiller is currently on sale with free shipping!

No comments:

Post a Comment