Apr 6, 2015

Miraval Rose



After truly neglecting this blog for the majority of the winter, I'm back and promise to be more consistent with my postings! This winter was one for the record books and it left me feeling very unmotivated. However, I have my fingers crossed that the weather has finally turned the corner. In honor of wishful thinking and warmer temperatures, I present you with Miraval Rose. 

In January, I took a vacation with my mom to my parents condo in Naples, Florida. It consisted of relaxing by the pool, shopping and of course happy hour. I convinced my mom, a habitual "oaky" Chardonnay drinker, to try a glass of Miraval Rose with some cheese by the pool. (...and she liked it!)

You might have heard of Miraval before because of its famous creators. Chateau Miraval Winery is a joint venture between Famille Perrin and Brad and Angelina Jolie-Pitt. The 2013 vintage expressed floral aromas on the nose and followed through with strawberry and citrus notes on the palette. I found it to be light to medium in body with a wonderful acidity that gives the wine structure and a fresh finish. 

I really enjoyed this wine, so much that I just ordered a few bottles of the 2014 vintage for myself. It does run a little pricey and it is possible to find similar Roses from Provence for a cheaper price. However, its fun to splurge a little and drink a celebrity wine that is actually good!      

Cheers to warmer weather and Rose sipping with a cheese platter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment