Jul 17, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things





Summertime is the perfect season for hanging out with friends and family relaxing and sipping on your favorite beverage. I have a rotating selection of my go-to drinks and I usually select something to fit the occasion. A bottle of wine to bring as a hostess gift, beer for the beach or a mixed drink for a night on the town.

However, I definitely have my favorites that I always come back to in the summer...St. Suprey Sauvignon Blanc, Tanqueray Gin and Tonic, and Brooklyn Summer Ale.

Brooklyn Summer/Brookyln Summer Cans/St. Suprey Sauvignon Blanc/Tanqueray London Dry Gin


St. Suprey Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc 2013
What I love most about this sauvignon blanc is the vibrant grapefruit aromas and taste that leap out of my glass. Along with grapefruit, citrus and green lime notes accompany this Napa Valley Estate wine making it a great companion for a variety of dishes. St. Suprey has a great balance and acidity so food is not necessary and you can sip it while socializing. Thus, making it an easy choice no matter the occasion.

Tanqueray Gin and Tonic 
I cannot help but love a gin and tonic no matter the season. When I'm out at a restaurant or bar on the weekend I gravitate towards the refreshing, crisp taste of a G&T. My all time favorite gin is Tanqueray, a triple distilled gin with four botanicals: juniper, coriander, angelica root and liquorice. When I'm looking to change things up I will drink Bombay Sapphire or Hendricks, and for special events I'll treat myself with Tanqueray Ten on the rocks with a splash of tonic. 

Brooklyn Summer Ale  
Every summer, more and more breweries come out with their own signature summer ale. It can be hard to try all of them and find your favorite, but this year I was able to find my go to summer beer right away. It's called Brooklyn Summer Ale and it's both invigorating and flavorful without being too heavy. The summer ale is brewed from English barely malt, which gives the beer its light-bodied golden appearance. The light, crisp bitterness and citrus aroma are a result of German and American hops. I've been able to pair this beer with salads and seafood along with throwing a 12-pack of cans into the cooler for a beach day. 

What are your favorite drinks in the summertime? Have a wonderful day!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm traditionally an IPA guy (Hop Devil, Hazed and infused and Dogfish 60 minute are my favorite) so I don't generally branch out with my summer selection (fruity beers weird me out). BUT I have to say Narragansett won me over with their Del's Shandy! Great for the beach/cook-outs/anything social in the summertime. Nice job Narragansett.

    ReplyDelete